Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Something Awkward You Should Try This Month

In the spirit of Love (V-Day last all month for me), I suggest that you and a special friend check out a couples yoga class!

Nothing is sexier than twisting your sweaty body around someone with 8 other couples watching you. It connects you in a way that I can't explain.

 Okay, I can't keep up with the sarcasm.

While I appreciate the art of couples yoga and I do think it's worth a shot, it's so awkward. Don't be put off though. This is a must-have awkward experience.

Story time!


I went to a couples yoga session by accident.

I thought it was a normal yoga class, but that’s what I get for trusting Google Offers.

“I don’t have a partner. I didn’t know this was a couples deal,” I said to the instructor.

“No, there is another single here, so you have a partner. Don’t think about it. You both have the same goal. You both want to be here, so trust that he is a friend okay,” he said.

I guess he could tell I was thinking “fight-or-flight” since the moment I noticed this wouldn’t be a solo session. Everything in me was screaming flight, but already paid $15 for the class and I walked all around the city with my yoga mat strapped to my back.

I would have felt like a fraud if I didn’t use it.
“Okay,” I said.

I was partnered up with a guy named Matt.

 Matt is a tall and very flexible guy. For one of the first few poses we had to sit facing each other and holding hands with our legs spread apart. My feet were at the back of his knees, and I was fully stretched out.
It was great until Matt stretched forward taking a nose-dive straight for the middle of my legs. I sat there (horrified) for a few seconds looking down at Matt’s curly brown hair. I waited for him to sit up so I can catch his gaze.

The eyes of a perverted man are always easy to spot.

He looked normal to me and it was my turn to lean forward, so I closed my eyes as he pulled my arms. I wanted to keep my eyes closed, but I guess the awker in me made me look up.
 All I saw was the crotch of black sweatpants.

I think that looking at the crotch in various positions for the next hour made me more comfortable with people. It was one of the most awkward things I’ve ever done, but I enjoyed it. I went back for 3 more classes before I kicked the habit.

Check it out. Tell me how your session went.

Namaste.

8 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. I don't know how I'd feel about diving into the crotch of a total stranger. I can't help but worry about the smell (oops). I'm glad you made the best of a totally awkward situation--my ass would have booked it out of the place $15 or $50..I couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! His crotch smelled like sweat and old spice after a while.

      Delete
  2. Wow this story is funny. Was this in Philly somewhere? I don't know if I would have stayed, but you are brave for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it was around Philly. :) I seriously just didn't want to waste $15 lol

      Delete
  3. I love this! Great re-write and so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend and I actually tried that first pose before, in my attempts at introducing her to yoga.

    She put her feet on my knees instead of my hips and we collapsed. It was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That one is a little tricky! It's tiny things like that, that makes it all go wrong.

      Delete