Wednesday, February 20, 2013

How Many Times Do You Wash Your Hands?

I wash my hands often.

I wash my hands every time I'm in the bathroom, before cooking and eating, before putting on make up and this might be an awkward one... I wash my hands before I wash my face in the morning (and at night) even though I wash my face after I get out of the shower.

But, some people go further than that.

Recently over lunch with friends I learned that all my friends are running around washing their hands all the dang time behind my back.

Do you wash your hands before you go to the bathroom and after?


We were all divided over this one. My guy friend thinks that guys should wash their hands before and after they eh, go.

Think about it, it does make sense. I just highly doubt that guys actually will do it. I think it's a task to get them to wash their hands after they go.

Yes, I listen for water to run after people go to the bathroom. Whenever I don't hear water I always ask "Did you wash your hands?" and give judgmental stares until they confess.

My girl friend agrees and thinks that girls probably should wash before and after too. I think us girls can handle it.

We're gross in other ways, just not hygiene.

Hand-Washing-Battle-Of-The-Sexes Challenge:

For a whole week challenge your friends to wash their hands every hour (hand sanitizer doesn't count) with gold old fashioned soap and water. Use the honor system and see who wins. Tell me the winners!



14 comments:

  1. I pose an alternative challenge. Go to the bathroom without using your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take the paper towel that I used to dry my hands and open the door. I dont want to touch that disgustiong door handle. I can feel the germs attaching themselves to my fingers. Ew.It makes me quiver just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol good job! Sounds like you're about to convert to a before and after washer... You should take the challenge! Tell me how it works for you. :D

      Delete
  3. I've recently started to notice that I wash my hands all the time. I actually get freaked out when I touch my face, knowing that I just typed on a keyboard in the computer lab, or used a machine at the gym. Ahh germs! I love when my hands feel clean. It makes me feel healthier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I do too sometimes! I used to keep like the waterless facial pads in my backpack in high school.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Backing away from the challange eh, Caitlin? Hmm...

      Delete
  5. Colin nobody wants to touch that door handle after you rubbed all your hand's nasty germs via the paper towel on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very OCD, but as the mother of a hygiene-challenged 12-year-old boy (is there anything less sanitary than a 12-year-old boy? ew), I love this. Now if I could just get my kids to take this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Please let them take the challange. Kids are so cool. I'd love to see how they hold up.

      Delete
  7. So I have to ask...are your hands chapped a lot from all that washing? If so, Curel Intensive Therapy lotion is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, because I'm a lotion-fiend too. I always have lotion by my sink at home, and a tiny bottle in my bag. My favorite is Gud by Burt's Bees! :)

      Delete